11 September 2017

Winners for August and latest challenge!

Hello Peeps!

Today, I have to announce the random winner for August's challenge - and to tell you who the DT voted for as Favorite(s)......yes, too many to pick between this time!

Therefore, Judy from Judy W Blog, who surprisingly also won the random number prize, was a DT pick - I think it that cheeky smile that did it for us all!


Congratulations on the prize and DT pick Judy



However, two other's were also nominated for the DT Favorite and rather than split them (impossible and they were in no particular order) I decided to go with both of them as well:


So ingenious


and 


So pretty

These pieces showcase show one can use the paper arts without using a stamp to create a beautiful project and have fun along the way. I love my stamps and play with them often but this challenge blog is all about not using them and finding a way to make something attractive without resorting to a stamp of any kind, including digital.

Congratulations creative people!

Judy also managed to get a request for a Guest Designer piece to me in time for this post!
It is based on Father's Day which was just last week here in Australia - that is fast scrapping!




Her newest work.....




Hi, I am so honoured to be asked to be a guest designer for Unstampabelles this month.  Although I do make cards for friends and family, scrapbooking is my passion at the moment. I also enjoy many other crafts including sewing and embroidery and find that I can often combine these crafts. I live in tropical north Queensland and now that I have retired I spend quite a lot of time travelling (but always with some crafty project keep me busy) .

I loved this challenge and really enjoyed finding ways to incorporate scraps of cardboard to include on my layout - the photo is mounted on biscuit box cardboard and the corrugated card is from a packing box. I have used lots of “3”s in my layout - stars, pennants, tags and paper strips behind the photo!


Another stunning piece of crafting without using a stamp!

As you can work out from Judy's words above, the challenge is 

#72: Sets of Three
TWIST use cardboard

Don't like me become obsessed with using cardboard and 
forget that the challenge is really about sets of three!

I saw you could make this basket from a toilet roll on Pinterest so had a go - 
then didn't know what to do with it so used some of my new pixie powders and water on it (after I made it!!!!) and then filled it with flowers.....





There are more details on my blog



The cactus pot & flowers were die-cut from the cardboard front of a package of Tim Holtz paper.

Hope this gives you some inspiration to go off and create!

You can enter it HERE
and have the rest of the month to do so!

3 comments:

  1. Oh, my box was picked by the DT!! :D Thanks so much!
    Congrats to Judy and Vicky R!
    Your basket from a toilet roll is so clever and adorable with the flowers inside! And love the cactus pot & flowers card.
    Instead, sadly I can't see the pictures from Judy, perhaps is my computer?

    ReplyDelete
  2. THANK YOU for the DT favorite pick!! I am honored to be a part of this challenge blog where stamping is not required!! Love it here!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to comment. The Design Team really appreciate it. Have fun with the challenge.

LinkWithin